- Abbey Woods are committed to sourcing their timber and timber products from legal and well managed forests. Abbey Woods unreservedly condemn illegal logging practices and commit themselves to working with suppliers and other stakeholders towards their complete elimination.
- All products supplied by Abbey Woods are EUTR compliant. The European Union Timber Regulation (EUTR) came into effect in March 2013 and at that time we introduced our due diligence system. This ensures that all timber products imported by Abbey Woods are from legal sources.
- Abbey Woods recognise that the independent certification of forests and the process chain is the most useful tool in providing assurances that the timber we trade in comes from legal and well managed forests.
- Abbey Woods are committed to the Chain of Custody requirements of both the FSC™ and PEFC certification schemes.
- Abbey Woods will avoid misleading and unsubstantiated claims in relation to wood product supplies.
- Abbey Woods will make every reasonable effort to minimize the environmental impact of the company activities in other ways including
A: Ensuring the efficient use of energy.
B: Minimising waste and utilising residues.
- Abbey Woods undertake to ensure that all the relevant personnel employed by them will be conversant with and abide by this code of practice and its implications